Monday, September 22, 2014

A few passions

For my passions I chose to focus on two  projects. The more minor one that I plan to complete in the beginning of the process is associated with soccer.  With the mixture of my dad, the coach of the varsity boys and girls soccer teams at school and my mom, known as the "team mom" in most sports that I'm involved with its only practical that I do something involving soccer. My mom possesses a forte for making no sew blankets for an organization called Project Linus.

Although we're not donating these to an organization such as project Linus  my mom wanted to make the varsity girls team blankets for the upcoming season. Celeste and I plan to work together in tying these 23 blankets in the next couple weeks. The importance  to us because it takes a lot off my moms back that she is not making 23 blankets by herself. Also, at pop we can only carry around/use "POPCS blankets" and these blankets will pass that regulation. Soccer season occurring during the winter when it grows really cold out so these will come in much needed use on the bench:)

For the second half of my passion project I will partner with Taylor. We both have a passion for missions. Individually we have both been blessed to go on missions outside of the country, I went to Haiti last summer and she has gone to Romania the previous two summers. Our hearts belong to those countries but both of us have shared a specific interest in Africa and we have talked about it for a couple years now. We are not completely sure how to tackle a shared passion of ours but we seek out to do something in benefit to research organizations in Africa that we could  potentially visit one day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to be working on this project with you and I can't wait to use our blankets. Also, i hope that you and tell can accomplish this goal!!

    ReplyDelete